Breast Cancer Causes, Symptoms and Treatments
Breast Cancer Causes, Symptoms and Treatments – Breast cancer is one of the most common cancers detected in women after skin cancer. One in every eight women diagnose with breast cancer in the United States. However the exact cause of the breast cancer is unknown but doctor says that there are many types of cancer that differs depending on the capability of spreading till other tissues of the body. Although there are many risk factors associate with breast cancer causes and we will be discussing all of them and also about the symptoms and treatments.
Breast Cancer Causes:
However the exact reason is not clear as to what causes breast cancer. But it is generally believed that it occurs when breast cells begins to grow abnormally. These cells divide themselves more quickly than healthy cells and then begin to accumulate by forming a mass or lump. The risk is that, these cells have the tendency to grow throughout the breast and into the lymph nodes or to other parts of the body.
So let us have a look at several risk factors associated with the formation of breast cancer in women.
- Being a Woman. It’s not really a risk factor but high chances are that it will happen to you more likely than any man.
- Increasing age.
- Family history of breast cancer, hereditary genetic problem.
- Obesity or being overweight.
- Being a personal survivor of breast cancer.
- Inheritance of genetic mutations such as BRCA1 and BRCA2.
- Exposure to radiations ever as a teenager or young adult.
- Beginning of menstrual cycle before 12 years.
- Also if menopause happens at an older age.
- No pregnancy.
- Having a child at an older age.
- Excessive alcohol consumption.
- Hormonal therapy or treatment.
Breast Cancer Symptoms:
Now that we have the idea of the risk factors of breast cancer, we need to know about the symptoms of breast cancer too. You can easily compare your physicality with any of the symptoms mentioned below and consult a doctor right away.
Symptoms of Breast Cancer are also considered as the Warning Signs of Breast Cancer. Some of the most common are found below.
- Breast Pain or sore Nipples.
- Swelling in the breast area.
- Dimpling seen in the breast area.
- A breast lump or thickening in an area that feels different than surrounding area.
- Bloody discharge of dripping from the nipples.
- Pitting or redness of the skin over the breast like the skin of orange peel.
- Any changes like redness, rash, skin discoloration or skin abnormal formation over the breast can also be a warning sign and a major symptom of breast cancer.
- Changes in nipple like appearing to be sunken or inverted.
- The size or the shape of the breast changes.
- A swelling or lump in one of the armpits.
We have discussed all the possible breast cancer symptoms to warn all the signs out there and those who are still not able to discuss these matters openly with their family or doctors. But if you think that you can get away with these many symptoms and signs and be okay, you are wrong. Breast cancer is not a thing that you can easily avoid and be okay. It needs diagnosis and perform all the necessary treatments. But many women out there don’t know what the treatments of breast cancer are so we bring to you information for that too.
Breast Cancer Treatments:
A multidisciplinary team involves in the patient’s breast cancer treatment. The team consists of an oncologist, radiologist, specialist cancer surgeon, pathologist, specialist nurse, radiographer as well as a reconstructive surgeon. This team takes into account several different matters at hand and then decides as to which treatment the patient should deal with. The factors taken into consideration are type of breast cancer, stage and grade of cancer, patient’s overall physical health, age of the patient and patients own preferences.
The main and top practiced treatments options are mentioned below:
- Radiation Therapy; also known as Radiotherapy
- Biological Therapy
- Hormone Therapy
Here we have mentioned all the necessary information that you could need for breast cancer causes, symptoms and treatment. If you need more detailed information on breast cancer and its treatment then you must visit your doctor or surgeon to get a personal description. Also it is necessary for all the women out there to check regularly for their cancer and have regular diagnosis at least once a year or as by your doctor. Keep checking our website for more articles on Cancer and its Prevention.