Bridge Exercises that works on the lower back, butt and entire body
The bridge exercises are one of the best exercises. It is full body exercise that workouts your lower body, back, arms, neck, shoulders, triceps & abdomen muscles in an effective way. Bridge workout does work your abs & core strength and also your buttocks and back. Moreover, bridge exercise can help you strengthen the quads, hamstring & gluteal muscles. Bridge workouts can be done while using own body weight as resistance and might be without difficulty adapted to make them more challenging once the strength levels increase. In addition, bridge exercise is frequently included as part of daily workout program to decrease lower back pain. Strengthening the erector spinae and glutes help you maintain good posture when you are standing or sitting during the day. Therefore, you should try the some bridge exercises and its variations. So, here we provide the Effective Bridge Exercises and their benefits.
Bridge Workouts and their effective Benefits
Single Leg Bridge Exercise
The single leg bridge workout is effective way to strengthen the hamstrings (back of your upper leg) and gluteus (butt) muscles as well as core.
How to Do a Bridge Exercise with Single Leg
- First, lie on the back with the hands by the sides, the knees bent and your feet flat on the ground.
- Then tighten the abdominal & buttock muscles.
- Now lift your hips up to make a straight line from the knees to shoulders.
- Then squeeze the core and try to pull the belly button back toward the spine.
- Slowly lift & extend one leg. And, the pelvis must be raised.
- Then hold the position for a few seconds.
Hip Bridge Workout
This is one of the most effective bridge exercises which targets & strengthens the lower body mainly hamstrings and hips muscles.
How to Do the Hip Bridge Workout
- Lie on the back and keep both the hands by your side.
- Then bend the knees and feet have to touch the floor.
- Keep the abs tight and gently raise your butt & chest above the floor.
- Then hold this position for about a few seconds.
Bridge Workout using Dumbbell
It is another effective bridge variation which targets the muscles and also improves the strength of lower body & chest area.
How to Do the Dumbbell Bridge Workout
- First lie on the back and keep the knees bent.
- Then hold the dumbbells close to your ears and bend the elbows.
- Now lift the leg and extend the butt and chest.
- Then return to the beginning position.
Glute Bridge March Exercise
This is also one of the most effective bridge exercises. Glute Bridge exercise is extremely beneficial for your thighs, buttocks and glutes.
How to Do the Glute Bridge March
- Lie with the back on the ground and bend the knees.
- Expand your arms on the sides and raise the abs and chest.
- Then slowly raise one of the legs in the air and bend it.
- Hold this position for about a few seconds and return to starting position.
Triceps Bridge Workout
Triceps Bridge is a whole body workout that targets the glutes, triceps, abs and legs. This is one of the most effective bridge exercises.
How to Do a Triceps Bridge Workout
- First, lie on the back and keep the arms by your side.
- Now, with the help of the arms bring the body into bridge position.
- Then keep your chest and buttocks in one straight line.
- Stretch the right leg out and then hold in the position for a few seconds.
Sky Bridge Exercise
Single sky bridge exercise is great variation that works on the lower back, butt and hamstrings. This workout needs the support of a chair.
How to Do a Single Sky Bridge Exercise
- First, lie down on the back and keep the arms by your side.
- Keeping your abs tight, raise your buttocks & left leg and then place them on the chair.
- Then slowly lift your right leg and return to the beginning position.
Thanks for visiting carebaba.com