Endometriosis Symptoms Causes and Treatments
Endometriosis is the abnormal growth of cells which is similar that to the inside of the uterus, but in a way location outside of the uterus. It is usually one of the long lasting and chronic diseases. If you have Endometriosis, the type of tissue which lines uterus is also growing outside of the uterus. These clumps of tissues are known as implants may have grown on your fallopian tubes, the outer wall of the uterus, intestines or other organs in belly. Along with each menstrual cycle, the implants go through the same process of growing, breaking down as well as bleeding the uterine lining. That is why pain starts as mild discomfort and few days before the menstrual period. That is why it is necessary to know about the Endometriosis Symptoms Causes and Treatments.
For knowing all about it, let us start by knowing Endometriosis Symptoms first. Each woman may go through different symptoms but these mentions here are general ones and can be easily experienced.
The general and Warning Signs and Symptoms of Endometriosis are as follows. They are important to identify and judge accordingly whether you have Endometriosis or not. These are the symptoms that can be easily to be normal cramps. However anything in extreme needs doctors and yours attention as fast as possible.
- Painful menstrual cramps or also known as “killer cramps”.
- Heavy bleeding during your periods.
- Severe and chronic pelvic pain.
- Pain during intercourse, also called dyspareunia.
- Abdominal Pain
- Bowel dysfunction which also includes painful experiences during bowel movements, or causes bloating, diarrhea, cramps or gassiness.
- Painful urination and bladder dysfunctions.
- Weakness, pain in the nerves and numbness.
- Personality disorder and changes which occurs in depression, stress and apathy.
These were some of the major symptoms which can give you a warning sign that you are suffering from Endometriosis. Now it is important to also know about the cause of the Endometriosis.
Many a times, there can be problems which are hard to define and relate them to a cause. Endometriosis also suffers from the same logic. So it is actually okay to say that the causes of Endometriosis are not exactly know either. But there have been some conditions that it can relate t. Some of the possible causes of Endometriosis are:
- Your immune system being incapable of getting rid of endometrial cells which are outside the uterus like it should.
- Heavy bleeding or unusual structure of the cervix, uterus or vagina which causes too many endometrial cells to go up through the fallopian tubes and later into the belly.
- Blood fluid may be carrying endometrial cells to other parts of your body or they must be move during a surgery. Mainly during episiotomy.
- Cells in your belly and pelvis may change themselves into endometrial cells.
- It can also be passed through families.
- The cells may have been formed outside the uterus when you were a fetus.
These are some of the possible causes of Endometriosis. The final and exact cause may not be known but this are some of the causes that are the risk factors of Endometriosis. Therefore you should not take them lightly.
Knowing about Endometriosis Symptoms and Causes also brings us to understand about Endometriosis Prevention and Treatments.
Actually the prevention of Endometriosis is not quite possible because of lack of its judgments on a definite cause. It is impossible and relatively hard to cure something which is not originate from something definite. Therefore in the same case, without its cause it becomes really hard to identify the ways to prevent such chronic disease. It gives us all the more reason to be aware too.
One of the ways to lessen the extremity of it is to be on the long term use of birth control in any form. Pills, patch or ring, everything can work the same and help you to be aware of the fact and check for signs and symptoms from time to time. So if you are on any birth control, it might help the situations of pain.
The treatment concerning Endometriosis depends on the time, patients’ severity and the situation of the disease. There are levels of many treatments relate to the curing which is the option of two surgeries. They are Laparoscopic Deep Excision Surgery, Myomectomy and Hysterectomy. So let us also know about the home treatments that you can also treat the chronic disease.
- Applying Heat to Lower Belly – Use a heating pad or else hot water bag or even you can opt for a long warm bath. The heat will improve the blood circulation and will be helpful in relieving the pelvic pain.
- Place a Pillow under the Knees – All you need to do is lie down and just put a pillow below your knees. You must lie to your sides, and bring your knees up to your chest and that will help you to relieve the back pressure too.
- Get some relaxation – You can also surf for yourself and ask your doctor to show you some relaxation techniques or do it all by your own. It is very useful when you are in pain and will give immediate results too.
- Regular Exercise – Exercising regularly can help you to improve the blood flow and also increase the pain relieving endorphins which are naturally produced by the body. This in turn helps you to be free from pain or at least reduce it to some extent. Therefore exercising should be your priority too.
- Try some intimate activities – Though not every time, but most of the time, it was found in the Endometriosis patients, to try intercourse. It was actually surprising as its results were the reduction in pain and also help in cramping and backaches.
These were some of the home treatments that you can try to relieve pain. However there are other treatments too which you can try.
- Birth Control
- Medicated IUD
However, what you should remember is that these treatments can only provide relief and not cure. No false hopes should be made and consult your doctor before going through any of the treatments or ways to relieve the pain. As you need perfect recommendation for the pain you have and the stage you are in.
This was all the information about the Endometriosis Symptoms Causes and Treatment. That is why we also brought information on the Its Prevention. You need to be one wise person to live healthily and that doesn’t need much. Just be aware about your body and visit your doctor regularly.