10 Effective Home Remedies for Acid Reflux in Babies
The signs that show a more difficult situation such as GERD is Poor growth, blood in stool, chronic coughing, recurrent of vomiting and also abnormal irritability after eating. GERD is Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease that causes bad growth of baby. Not only, adults but infant also have problem of acid reflux. It may causes them spit up. So, here is the Home Remedies for Acid Reflux in Babies. In babies, the muscle between the stomach and esophagus is not still fully mature, so the contents of stomach more easily flow backward.
Generally, Causes of reflux are lying flat at every time, born prematurely and also eating only a liquid food. Baby with infant reflux is also known GER (gastroespohageal reflux), often spit up more than general after feeding. In fact, it turns out to be fussier. Also, your baby is growing well, healthy and content, acid reflux is not causes for concern. In addition, issue will occur rarely as your baby grow up and become effective.
Let’s have look on the some of the natural treatment for Acid Reflux in infant.
Top 10 Natural Remedies for Acid Reflux in Babies
Apple cider Vinegar
It is one of best home remedy for infants who feeling incident of acid reflux. Apple cider vinegar is very beneficial to maintain the acid level in the baby’s stomach. It help baby to digest food more easily and also help to stop spitting up. Vinegar also helps to improve immune system and also keep your baby from the recurrent illness.
- You can add ¼ teaspoon of vinegar (raw & unfiltered) to one glass of lukewarm water.
- Now give a few spoon of mixture to baby at usual intervals.
Note: Give Babies which older than 1 year, you can also insert organic honey for added flavor and also for nutrition benefits.
This another natural remedy for the kid to acid reflux. Chamomile contains sedative and also antispasmodic properties, which help to boost digestion system. It also helps to reduce relaxation and also relieve colic pain.
- In the one cup of hot water, you can add ½ teaspoon of dried chamomile flowers.
- Now wrap and steep for 5 to 10 min.
- Then Strain and also let it to cool.
- You can give your baby the weak tea in one to two teaspoon doses all through the day.
Note: Nursing mothers can also try to consume a cup of chamomile tea two to three time in a day.
Cumin is another Home Remedies to treat Acid reflux in infant. It is beneficial to improve digestion system and also help to reduce digestive issues like gas and acidity.
- Take one cup of water and boil 1 teaspoon of cumin.
- Then wrap and let it to steep for at least 5 to 10 min.
- Now strain and allow it to cool.
- Give it to your baby 1 to 2 teaspoons of this mixture in few times every day.
Daily massage is also beneficial to boost the process of respiratory and also digestive system in babies. In fact, massage will also help to boost the Vagus nerve. Vagus nerve is the nerve in the infant’s brain which controls the different area of digestive and respiratory system. In fact, it also help in the development of baby’s body more quickly, so that every part of baby’s body start working very soon and more effectively. This is best treatment for kid to treat acid reflux.
According to the study release by the Biological Research for nursing report, “Massage is beneficial to lessen the sign in infant who suffer from the GERD”. In fact, it also helps to boost the cognitive ability and also decrease the crying and also help baby in sleeping.
Way to give massage to your baby.
- First of all put baby in a lying position.
- Then provide the swarm oil like coconut oil or olive oil on baby’s stomach.
- Now, kindly massage stomach in clockwise direction for 3 to 4 min.
- Then also massage hand and legs of baby with long, firm strokes.
- Repeats it for at least 2 to 3 times every day.
Fennel seeds are the best home remedy to treat acid reflux in baby, if your babies suffer from stomach aches because of indigestion, acid reflux and gas. It is very beneficial for both nursing mothers and babies.
- You can one cup of hot water and add 1 teaspoon of crushed seeds.
- Steep it for 10 min and after that strains it.
- Give this mixture to your baby in ½ to 1 teaspoon quantity for 2 to 3 times in a day.
Note: You can also add powder of roasted fennel seed in food or cereal of baby.
Coconut oil contains anti-inflammatory property, which help to decrease the inflammation from reflux. It also control the digestive system lubricated to help it function more effectively. The Lauric acid is powerful antimicrobial fatty acid in coconut oil. It also helps to protect immune system of newborns.
- You can add ½ to 1 teaspoon of coconut oil in a warm drink or cereal of baby. Repeat it in two to three times in a day.
- You can also mix ginger oil and coconut oil and the n rub it on stomach of baby in clockwise direction for at one min. Repeat it sometimes in day.
- Nursing mother must ingest 2 tbsp of oil to improve the immunity process of baby.
Peppermint contains antispasmodic and soothing properties, which help to calm down digestive system. It can also decrease the indigestion and inflammation which related with acid reflux.
- You can mix 2 drop of oil in 1 tbsp olive oil. Massage on stomach of baby with this mixture. Repeat it at least two times every day.
- Mother feeding their baby, they can also drink peppermint teat 2 to 3 times in a day. In fact, you can consume its capsules, but take advice of doctor before take it.
You can try some general movement exercises, which help baby to deal with sign of acid reflux. It helps to boost the digestion system. But, you never feed baby before 30 minutes of exercise. Never feed your baby immediately after exercise. Exercise to reduce bloating and gas are knee or leg pushing.
- Laying your baby.
- Then hold legs in half bent position.
- Kindly start moving leg of baby as baby was riding bicycle.
- Continue for at least 10 min, some time in day.
Adjustments in sleeping
Baby who suffer from acid reflux, they also have a problem in sleeping. In fact, wrong sleeping position and also timing can worsen their condition.
With the help of towel, keep head of your baby’s crib, bed elevated or basinet through 30 degree. When the upper body of baby is important, gravity does it prevents and work the stomach contents from the reverting back into esophagus. In fact, you can also try that your babies sleep on back or left side to help remove acid from esophagus.
Diet of Nursing Mother
Mother feeding their baby must take care of their diet, which help your baby to reduce acid reflux in infant. It is also has an influence on a health of baby and also important for the development and growth of baby.
- Mother must have to avoid all type of dairy product, because dairy products contain protein, which irritate immunity system of baby.
- Also stay away from the general allergens such as gluten, eggs, wheat, citrus, soy and nuts.
- In addition, you need control consumption of high fat and spicy food. Also avoid chocolate, caffeine and carbonated drinks.
- Mother who feed their baby must eat probiotic yogurt every day, as it improve digestive system of baby‘s and also their own health.