Natural Ways to Increase Breast Milk Production
Among your entire lifetime if there is a period which is quite special are the pregnancy time and its after situations. The months you warm your baby inside you as well as the care that you take when it is born and in the world, is priceless. But what you are worried about again and again is to be sure to take the proper care of your newborn. You don’t wish to have any problems reach the baby. While discussing common problems many women may also suffer from lack of breast milk supply during breastfeeding. Therefore here we bring to you the Natural Ways to Increase Breast Milk Production, effective and at home.
There are many processes as well as foods that you can consume in order to boost your breast milk production naturally. Every mother-to-be and the new parents should know about these as you would never want your baby to starve.
6 Natural Ways to Increase Breast Milk Production
Low breast milk in babies can make them suffer from inflammation, malnourishment and weak immune system and also welcomes many diseases. Sometimes you can even feel your breasts heavy and yet not be able to give milk. So we need to first take care of the improper blood circulation by using a warm compress on your breast. All you need to do is:
- Massaging the breast in gentle motions for around five minutes before nursing.
- Dip a cotton clean cloth in warm water and squeeze the excess water out.
- Use that cloth to massage gently around the nipular areas and pressing your breast to your chest.
- When you massage for around 10 minutes you are done. Now lean bit forward and breastfeed your baby.
This will help you immensely and is thus one of the Natural Ways to Increase Breast Milk Production.
Moving on to the food department, which can help you to take care of the Breast Milk, comes cinnamon. Cinnamon is Ayurveda recommended Natural Ways to Increase Breast Milk Production. It was found that the intake of cinnamon by nursing mother also has baby’s approval as they like the taste of it in the milk. On the plus point, cinnamon can also delay the occurrence of menstruation after childbirth. All you have to do is:
- Have a pinch of cinnamon powder along with 1 ½ teaspoon of honey.
- You can also have it along with warm milk to have it without any trouble.
- You can repeat this process of cinnamon drink for one or two months before going to bed, and you will be able to see subsequent changes in your breast milk production.
One of the Superfoods for Natural Ways to Increase Breast Milk Production is the fenugreek. It is consider being the best remedy for stimulating the glands that produces milk. The fenugreek also contains the phytoestrogens that helps you with the production of breast milk. It is thus found and believe that fenugreek can help you to stimulate the sweat gland activity and mammary glands. But one important note – Women with diabetes and asthma problems must not use fenugreek remedies. For using the fenugreek all you need to do is:
- Soak one tablespoon of fenugreek seeds for one of the cup of night and keep it overnight.
- In morning, you can boil this water and strain the remaining of the fenugreek. Once done, you can drink this tea every morning.
- Instead of tea you can also opt for three fenugreek capsules, three times in a day for the initial 10 days. Then two capsules for three times other 10 days. And finally opt for one capsule three times daily for 10 days.
- You can see immediate results with the help of fenugreek in no time.
Fennel seeds can help to increase the production of milk in your body. This herb is galactogogue which is a substance that helps your body to produce more milk. Furthermore this fennel seeds can also help you to aid digestive problems as well as prevent colic acid pain in your newborn babies too. To use fennel seeds all you need to do is:
- Add one tablespoon of fennel seeds into a cup of hot water. Cover and let it steam for 30 minutes.
- Strain the solution and drink this tea you get for two times daily for one month. For more use of the fennel seeds you can easily include them in your daily dishes too.
- This will help you enhance the taste and also keep you all able to maintain your breast milk levels.
Along with the fennel seeds even the cumin seeds are Natural Ways to Increase Breast Milk Production. The cumin seeds are able to improve digestion and also provide relief from constipation, bloating and acidity. The reason behind is that the cumin seeds are a rich source of iron which can provide strength to the newborns and the mothers.
- For using the cumin seeds for milk production, you have to mix one teaspoon of cumin powder with one tea spoon sugar. You can have this mixture with milk daily before going to bed for few weeks.
- On alternative basis you can also add two teaspoons of cumin seeds to one half cup of water. Boil and strain the solution and add half cup of teaspoon with honey. Mix this drink well and have it for several weeks, once daily.
Garlic consists of excellent component called galactogogue, which further stimulates lactation. It was through many research and experiments it was found that the mothers who were intent on consuming garlic were able to feed their baby for a longer time. And not only that, but the babies are also liking the taste of the milk. Here is how you can use the garlic for breast milk production:
- First grate the three garlic gloves and boil them in one cup of water. Boil it until the total quantity is reducing to about one quarter.
- Add one cup of milk to this mixture and bring it to boiling point again.
- Remove the heat and mix one–half of honey in it and strain it.
- Drink this once daily every morning while you are breastfeeding. This will definitely give you definite results while breastfeeding.
These were the 6 Natural Ways to Increase Breast Milk Production effectively and at home. Therefore you must use these home remedies and help your breast milk production for the health and better for your baby’s sake and their health. It helps them to build strong immune system and overall health for bright future.