Signs and Symptoms of Asthma – Causes of Asthma
One of the most commonly found health problem is Asthma. Asthma is one of those health problems that could occur at any age and to any person for that matter. The increase in pollution and bad health habits are the main contributors for this problem. The problem of Asthma may be common but it should not be ignored or side stepped. But there are only few people who know about the Signs and Symptoms of Asthma as well as Treatments of Asthma. Because this problem is related to breathing and therefore it is crucial.
Before we know about the Signs and Symptoms of Asthma, we need to know about asthma briefly. Asthma is characterized by irritation of the bronchial tubes. This results with the increased production of sticky secretions inside the tubes. This is when the problem accelerates that the person experiences Asthma. There are some of the common symptoms found in all the asthma patients which are mentioned below.
Symptoms of Asthma:
People with Asthma experiences symptoms such as tightened lungs, tightened airways, inflammation or fill up with mucus. Some of the other common Asthma Symptoms includes:
- This can occur especially at night.
- Sound like whistling while breathing.
- Shortness in breathing.
- Chest tightness, pain or lung pressure.
- Feeling tired and weak during exercising.
- Wheezing and coughing while or after exercises.
- Mood disorientation like being tired, upset, grouchy and moody.
- Decreased lung functions as measured in a peak flow meter.
- Trouble in sleeping.
- Signs of cold and allergies such as sneezing, runny nose, cough, nasal congestion, headache and sore throat.
- Easy attainment of viral infections.
These were signs and symptoms of early asthma, so now we also need to acquire information on Symptoms of Asthma Attack.
Symptoms of Asthma Attack:
An asthma attack’s the episode in which the bands of muscle around the airways are trigger to tightening known as bronchospasm. During the asthma attack the lining of the airways become swollen and inflamed and the same airways produce more and thicker mucus than normal. The below given points thus concludes the commonly found Symptoms of Asthma Attack.
- Severe wheezing like sound when breathing in and out.
- Go through Non-stop coughing.
- Having rapid breathing strokes.
- Feeling chest/lung pain and pressure in it.
- Retracting and tightened neck and chest muscles.
- Feeling difficulty and co-ordination in talking.
- Feeling anxious and panicky.
- Having pale and sweaty face.
- Blue lips and fingernails.
Once you feel this symptoms and signs you must consult a doctor. The reason is because the severity of an asthma attack can escalate rapidly and so it is important to treat these symptoms of asthma as soon as possible.
Treatments of Asthma:
Some of the immediate treatments include asthma inhaler or bronchodilator. These treatments make the breathing more laboured. If you are unable to receive this asthma treatment you can eventually be unable to speak and also acquire bluish colouring around the lips. The certain color change known as cyanosis which means you have lesser oxygen in your blood. And eventually without aggressive treatment for the asthma emergency can lose consciousness and gradually die. Therefore it is very important to follow the instructions mentioned in the asthma action plan immediately.
Causes of Asthma:
People with asthma have sensitive airways that are ready to react to triggers the symptoms of asthma. Though it’s complicated, there are two main ways that symptoms can be set off:
- Allergic Asthma: When you suffer from allergic asthma, your symptoms cause by allergic reactions when you come in contact with an allergen. Common allergies include pollen, pets and house dust as well as playgrounds.
- Non-Allergic Asthma: These symptoms causes by an irritant breathing but not by allergic reactions. Common irritants include cigarette smoke, car exhaust fumes or flames. Other common factors that trigger asthma are exercise, cold weather, fever and flu.
These were some of the causes as well as Signs and Symptoms of Asthma. You’re also inform about the Symptoms of Asthma Attack, Causes of Asthma and everything else you need to know about the early information about Asthma.
Visit carebaba.com for more articles.