Top 7 Natural Home Remedies for Vaginal Odor
What Is Vaginal Odor?
Vaginal odor is any odor that comes from the vaginal area. It is not only a sensitive topic to discuss, but it also can affect the health outcomes of many women. Vaginal odor is also a common problem that many of us deal with it at some point in our lifetime. According to a 2014 survey, more than 65% of women in America live with this disorder. Here we talk about Home Remedies for Vaginal Odor.
Common Causes Of Vaginal Odor
Here are the most common causes of vaginal odor that doctors have pinpointed.
- Bacterial growth in vaginal area
- Yeast infections
- Inadequate domestic or personal hygiene
- Changes in hormone levels
- Sexually transmitted infections
- Consuming excessive sugar
- Tight underwear or pants
Common Symptoms Of Vaginal Odor
Normally, the vaginal odor is accompanied by the following symptoms:
- An intense fishy smell
- Burning in the vaginal area
Home Remedies for Vaginal Odor
So how to eliminate vaginal odor to help women prevent this embarrassing issue naturally and quickly. The following home remedies for vaginal odor may help you get rid of an odor and maintain optimal physical health. Below is Home remedies to remove Vaginal order.
Here are top 7 home remedies for vaginal odor:
Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is well known for treating vaginal odor. It contains antibacterial and antiseptic properties which can help fight off toxins and bacteria that is causing your unwanted vaginal odor. Moreover, acidity and antiseptic quality present in it can reduce itching and other symptoms of this disorder.
- Fill your tub with warm water and put 1 or 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
- Soak in it and wait for 15 – 20 minutes.
- Repeat thisprocess 3 – 4 times weekly until you notice a difference.
Yogurt is also considered one of the best choices to remove vaginal odor. Due to its high content of lactobacillus bacteria (good bacteria), it can help maintain the optimal pH balance in the vaginal area. When the pH level is in balance, the problem of vaginal odor will be gone.
- Consume one or two cups of sugar free yogurt everyday
- Coat a tampon with yogurt and insert it into your body.
- Leave it in for three or four hours
- Rinse the vaginal area with warm water after you remove the tampon.
Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil contains powerful antibacterial, antifungal and also disinfecting properties. Thus, this essential oil can be used to stop unpleasant vaginal odor. In addition, the components in it can help get rid of bacteria that are contributing to vaginal discomfort.
- Take three or four drops of tea tree oil and dilute it with a cup of water.
- Apply this solution onto the affected area
- Rinse it off with warm water 4 – 5 times a week to get the best results.
Garlic is one of the most home remedies for vaginal odor which have been also used widely for centuries. Many studies have also suggested that the antifungal properties found in it help kill the bad bacteria and fight the fungi responsible for yeast infections. Also, garlic acts as a strong antioxidant and antibiotic which can treat vaginal odor naturally without any side effects.
- Consume garlic – cooked or raw every day
- Or you can drink garlic tea on empty stomach in the morning
White Vinegar and Sea Salt
This simple Home Remedies for Vaginal Odor is highly recommended for women who are suffering vaginal odor and also other sexual health problems. Many studies suggested that white vinegar also helps to neutralize this scent by breaking down the odor proteins and balancing vaginal flora.
- Combine 2 or 3 tablespoons of white vinegar and salt
- Fill your tub with this solution and lukewarm water.
- Soak in it for only 4 – 5 minutes.
- Use this treatment several times a week until you feel better.
Another good item that you can use to get rid of vaginal odor is baking soda. Hundreds of studies have shown that baking soda is also useful for fighting off infections that caused by the pH imbalance in the vaginal area.
- Combine three teaspoons of baking soda and one glass of warm water.
- Drink this mixture twice a day
- Put one tablespoon of baking soda in your bathtub with lukewarm water.
- Soak your lower body in it for 15 – 20 minutes
- Dry your vaginal area with a clean towel
Use this treatment every day and you can get rid of this annoying problem fast, also.
Fresh Fruits and Vegetables
Many studies have shown that a diet high in healthy foods like fruits and vegetables can help keep your health in its best condition and support your vagina’s general health due to its high concentration of vitamins and minerals. For example, the vitamin C present in orange, lemon, tangerines and grapefruits helps boost your immune system. Leafy greens are famous for improving blood circulation and preventing vaginal dryness. The components in avocado can also support healthy vaginal walls and keep their muscles toned as well.
Thank you for visiting carebaba.com.